Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Be Nice

I learned well the lessons.
Be nice.
Play fair.
Act kindly.
I learned how to share.
But there for awhile
I forgot to include myself
in those whom I cared for.
Was nice to.
Was fair to.
Was kind to.
That I shared with.
I would give to everyone...
but me.
Then, I began to come out of it.
But in an uncomfortable
and fearful way.
And not doing
things that I really wanted
or needed
or desired.
But just to prove
that I could.
Now
I can be genuine with myself.
And compassionate.
I lived through much.
I don't have to soothe it with stuff.
I can be kind to myself
with rest.
And nutrition.
With time.
And space.
I can allow
myself
to fail.
Without being
a failure.
I can allow 
myself
the gift 
of learning.
Growing.
Changing.
There is someone who is mean to me.
But I don't have to live there anymore.
Because I have a God who 
is living and active
and busily making good plans
for ME.
Wow.
For me.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.