Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Joy Fruit

Joy is a fruit...of the spirit.   And it grows.  Ripens.  I am finding that.
Tonight was hard...again.  Had an event at school that we both were attending.  I absolutely did not want to go.  I wanted to skip it and crawl under a rock.  I was cold and shaky.  I was sad.  I decided to...change it.  To do it.  To make it fine.
There is joy inside of me.  I don't have to conjure it or work it up.  God gives it.  I choose it.
And....I survived.  Stressed though I was.  Hurt that he is such a taker.  Go to banquet...don't bring anything...leave early to go to your own event.  Oh well.  Good for me, I guess.
Psalms 5:11-12 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you. For you bless the righteous, O LORD; you cover him with favor as with a shield.

He spread His protection over me.  He shielded me.

I am going to be fine.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.