Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

beach walk

When walking on a beach, there is never an idea of how far you are having to go.  Of some "destination". Instead, it's more about each step, each wave, each rock, each shell, each creature, each person you are visiting with along the way.  It's absorbing.  It causes you to be present in each step.
I think that my journey in life should look like that.  Moving forward.  A destination is out there, but my attention and time and energy should be focused on the wonderful things of each step.  Not always rushing through to get there.  Jumping the waves.  Or walking in them.  Taking time to pick up pretties.  Really looking.  Visiting.  Loving.  Being present in this part of the walk...not waiting until I "get there."
blessings.
remember....you are in my prayers and i know how alone you can feel....you are not.  and YOU are beloved.  today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.