Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Humiliated but not destroyed

Today at work, a woman totally humiliated me. I walked over to talk to her, to say that I was sorry that she had been so sick.  She freaked out....because she knew that I had been sick!!  But not contagious.  But she literally freaked out.  Stood up and moved away from me.  Her voice was really loud.  This was in the lounge.....with other teachers present.  Wow.  I was stunned.  It's someone I have considered a friend.  Then she left the lounge.  I made it through getting my food heated. I went back to the classroom to eat.  She saw me in the hall later and said that someone had come to talk to her later and asked if she had left the lounge because of me.  She said no.  I think that she embarrassed herself.  She wrote me and told me that she just suddenly realized what time it was.  It was extremely embarrassing.  And when she saw me in the hall and said, "you know I didn't leave the lounge because of you, right?"  I said no, I didn't know that.  I cried.  It was the weirdest thing.  Very awkward.  Hurt my feelings.
But the cool thing? I cried a little.  And I went on with my day.  I didn't say that it was ok or right.  I allowed myself to feel hurt.  And I allowed myself to get over it.  To be done with it.
I am growing stronger.  Kinda.  I still get cold.  I still struggle.  But....I am able to mentally CHOOSE what to do and how to act. Getting there.
God is good.  Very good.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.