Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Almost

I nearly made it to church.  I was going to go when my family went.......but my husband came home and spent the between sunday school and church time and it was so awkward and I didn't want to ride together and I just wanted to go and focus on why I'm supposed to be there.  But....
So, instead, I am listening to a message from the church that my son is going to try today.  His first time of trying a church all on his own.  As a matter of fact, he has been a part of a church most of his life.  His hope today was to find a church he likes as well as his home church.  I hope so too.  So, he's trying something new today.  May he be blessed and uplifted.  God will go before Him.  He will train him and teach him.  Of that I can be sure.  So, here I am attending church "with" him.  Praying for him.  Loving him.  Guess that this is where I am supposed to be.
I am making perhaps the best, prettiest meal I have ever made.  I mean it.  I like to cook.  But this is....beautiful.  I am exploring around in my life for my artist.  I like to cook.  Lately it has been hard because my husband treats it as if it's something I do FOR him.  That it is my duty etc.  Today I took back the pleasure I get by just choosing to cook with the joy I find in it. 
I almost went to church.  I had the courage.  That counts for a lot.  Then, I chose the better thing...not forced....chose.  I choose.  You choose too.  Enjoy it.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.