Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

What the Future Holds

I was so convinced that I should go back to teaching. I really love the little kids.  Really am good at some aspects.  But, it didn't happen.  And I could be depressed.  Feel washed up and without purpose or talent.  And, some moments, I wallow a bit.  But mostly, my question is, "what do you have for me, God?"  I can't wait to see.  Because He plans good for me.  To give me a future and a hope.  To lift my head.  He is good.  Always.  And, there are so many ways to survive financially in this world.  I tend to limit it by my experience.  I don't want to do that.  I want to have my heart and eyes wide open to opportunities.
I have a friend who has some amazing talents.  She actually creates products that she can sell.  What a beautiful blessing.  It's so easy to see her talent.  To marvel at it.  To dream and imagine the possibilities of what could be with such talent.  And, therein is my talent.  To see possibility.  I am an artist of the dream.  Of keeping hope alive.  Of having faith.  Of seeing the good.  Of encouraging. 
I don't know what my future holds, but though my talents are not so visible, I am going to begin by remembering that I have them.  I am going to hold fast to that thought.  And go from there.
grace to you.  never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.