Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Spring in My Step

Today of all days...and I have a spring in my step.  Crazy.  But, what a release!!!  Like a smile that is constantly waiting to escape.  Like.....I used to be!!!!!
And today he left me a card.  Told me how he doesn't regret our years.  Would still choose me.  Good stuff.  That I have given him much.  And, you know, that is true.  Very true.  Adventure and joy.  But, he has given me shame and condemnation in return.  And I tried so hard to be worthy of the good man's love and respect.  To no avail.  He uses the right words.  Or, it sounds like it.  But, today clarity came.  I realized that.....everything he says has to do with what I give.  Not how he wants to be.  Not how he cherishes me.  What I do for him.  How I make him feel.  Everything still...even now...revolves around him.  What a crazy world.
But, I'm going to enjoy the.....JOY.  The PEACE!! The nice night.  Gonna watch some shows.  I like Suits.  Gonna get a good night's rest and go o my last day of teaching tomorrow.  I have absolutely loved it.  And, you know what?  The teacher's I work with see me.  They get the kind of person I am.  There are people asking for my phone number and email so that we can see each other again.  How blessed I feel.  Though the journey is hard, though it often seems impossible, there are streams in this desert; refreshing water.  Truly refreshing.  Gloriously.
And if you are hurting.  If you are facing a journey you didn't plan on.  Pains that you never imagined.  If you feel alone, I invite you to keep walking with me.  Know that you are not alone.  Even if nobody seems to get it.  There are many of us.  I am praying for you.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.