Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, August 1, 2011

For Me

I am practicing doing some things just for me.  Like....taking a walk at least three times a week.  Preferably, with one or more dogs. ;)  Today I did three miles with both dogs!  It only took us 44 minutes and they were ready to go home after mile two.  I'm also taking vitamins.  Drinking a lot of water.  Trying for a minimum of a gallon a day.  And, I've really not been doing as well, but eating lots of fruit and lots of protein.  Not for anyone else.  Not to lose weight.  Because I feel better.  Because I like to do it.
Reading some each day.  Writing some each day.  Sitting and thinking some each day.  Praying all of the time.  Breathing in deeply and blowing it out.  Many times a day...especially when walking.  Purposefully relaxing.  Getting plenty of sleep.  Watching a show a couple of times a week.  Watering my garden by hand.  Going to the movies at the park.
I do lots of other things too.  Many for other people.  But, whether others need these or notice them or support them...these things I am doing.  For me.  To keep me happy, comfy and healthy.
grace to you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.