Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Delays Expected

Driving along in the summertime, there are all kinds of signs regarding being careful because road construction is going on.  Today I saw "delays expected" and I kind of wished that I could wear one of those signs for awhile.  Though I am functioning and though I am doing fairly well....well, sometimes, there are "delays".  And, frankly, they should be expected.  I am not as on top of things as I'd like to be.  I am not as quick to see things as I'd like.  Hey, when you live through your own personal hell, you have to give yourself time to heal.  Time to slow down.  It should be expected. 
"Bumps ahead" is another one that caught my eye.  I wish that in real life there were signs that told us what to expect.  Because, what I find in life is that i can be rocking along and enjoying life when out of nowhere it's as if a big bump pops up and whams me.  And I am startled.  Taken by surprise.  I had no idea that that person would respond that way or that that situation would turn so bad.  A sign would certainly be useful.
But, there are no signs.  And, it isn't really realistic to wear a delays expected sign.  Perhaps a little pin.  However, maybe it's enough to give myself that time.  To know that I'm doing the best that I can.  To know that I should expect the delays that occur in mind and heart and body.  That it's ok and normal.  Even if nobody else understands.  I'm hoping that one day I'll get to ride along a smoother road....but in my state, construction seems a permanent part of life.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.