Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Someday

Someday, I want a home all of my own.  Where I can do as I please and rest when I want to.  Where I have a comfy bed and lots of books.  Where my nice bathtub is ready for me to bathe and my coffee pot doesn't sit with old coffee in it.  I want my own place.  Visitors will be lovely.  I'm sure I'll welcome friends and family alike.  Yet, when it's time and they all go...I want to know that I have a home.  A place of my own.  A place where I can breathe without fear.  Where I get to decide without a fight.  Where the world doesn't end if I decide not to cook. 
Someday I want to wear flowing dresses and sandals or slingbacks.  I want to go shopping and for tea.  Sit on the patio.  Rest.  Stop and enjoy life.  It feels like everyone is in such a hurry.  No time for anyone or anything.  I want to linger.  To abserve. 
Someday, I want to choose what to do if I have ten dollars...or a hundred...or a thousand...or a hundred thousand.  I just want to choose without fear.  What to buy.  What to enjoy.  What to save.
Someday, I want to travel.  To go to Europe.  Stay in small towns.  Visit Italy, Germany and France.  Maybe even Czechoslavakia.  I want to drink the coffee and sample the pastries.  I want to take time to know some people and enjoy the culture.  Not so touristy....just a journey.
Someday, I want to publish a book....a book that will maybe speak to someone and let them know that they are not alone.  I want to write under a pseudonym.  I want to write not fearing being found out or questioned.  I get so tired of being asked what I'm doing.  Of being walked up behind by my husband if I stay up late or get up early.  I am braver...but I want not to have to be brave, I just want to feel free. 
Someday will come.  Because it remains alive in my heart.  Someday, I will walk upon the reality of my dreams.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.