Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Change

I've had to change my choices.
Change my ways of choosing.
I have spent all of these years
choosing to make sure everyone
was ok......except for me.
Because I knew that I was strong.
That I could do it.
That I was able.
But eventually,
instead of him seeing me as
important
he saw me as expendable.
My hopes
My dreams
My gifts
had no bearing on life.
So, I had to find a way to change
I tried to communicate.
To show.
To explain.
To be kind.
To understand.
But what I have figured out
is that he is a bully.
A bully because....he is a coward.
He abuses quietly
but looks good outwardly.
He plays a game
when it suits him
but never really changes how
he behaves.
And now I've seen.
Now I understand.
Now I make a choice.
To change.
Today.
Each day.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.