Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Relief

You know...it has been hard this week.  And today was no exception.  Especially as  I heard him walk in the door...then come in to talk to me when I was obviously avoiding.  BUT...there is relief.  In having told the kids.  they haven't crashed and burned.
They are as exhausted as I.  Strangely, he came home but didn't bother to address the issue.  Nor when he spent one on one time last night.   I told them that he would probably talk to them too.  Instead he was trying to figure it out through me.  And then I remember....we have never co-parented.  I parent.  He hangs out.  Does stuff.  But, I hope that this life change will help him to change that.
I hope to sleep tonight.  I really need it.  And with a big work schedule coming up, I have to get some rest.  Seriously.  Real REST.
My daughter wants to know if he'll change churches.  I told her probably not.
My older three wanted to know if it was an affair.  The younger two didn't ask why.
They each responded exactly as I thought that they would.  With their own fears, own strengths.  Now...on to healing and learning how to get past.  I didn't use the abuse word.  I didn't even give a reason really.  Kept it very vague.
Relief.  Love not having something "hidden".
grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.