Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, January 6, 2014

blessings in the storm

today is an incredibly cold day.  first day back to school for my kids after break.  being a good mom, i always start the car early on these days so that they can be nice and warm on the trip to school.  but, alas, a door was left ajar yesterday...and the car wouldn't start.  now, it's COLD outside.  minus 7 or more.  with a windchill.  and snow on the ground.  and the trunk (where the jumper cables reside) was frozen shut. i bundled up and went out...got the car ready.  two teenaged angels left early for school and came by to jump my vehicle.  nice.  more than nice.  because it's icy and snowy and freezing out.  and my son stood out with me and held the hood which wouldn't stay up and helped keep the cables steady...since they were stiff with cold.
and it was hard.  but it is done.  and today is a good day.
today my newest grandson will be born.  and though the day started rough with just about everything going wrong...i spilled tea all over the floor.....couldn't start my car....had the trunk freeze....my hands were stiff....though all of those things were wrong...in the big picture, they were small.  because today a new life joins the world.
there are blessings.  blessings of help and kindness.  blessings of life.  and i choose to see those blessings.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.