Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

No way.

I came home.  Kids and I ate dinner together and chatted.  I put away the food....put the pan to soak.  I know, that means, "I don't want to deal with this right now." Then, I went into my room and put on my pj's.  I crawled under my covers and thought how tired I was.  I picked up my phone to check the time.  6:07.  Yep.  True story.  Here I am.  All ready for bed while most preschoolers are still going strong!
In my defense, I was up really early today.
And I did live all out.
But still...
I think I better get up and wash that pan.
I'd feel better if I did.


and so i did.
and i loaded the dishwasher.
and wiped the counters.
and programmed the coffee pot for tomorrow morning.
and though it's only 6:40 now, at least i did something??

NOW i'm back under the covers.  jammies on still.  house locked up. heat turned down.  probably won't get up again.  unless i need another choco oatmeal drop.  but now i feel better because i did some things that would bug me if they were left undone.

have a great night.  maybe you are like me tonight and you just need some recovery/reboot time.  i hope that you have a chance to take it.  i'm doing it.  it's good for me.  i was emotional.  it sapped my pizzazz.  but NOT MY JOY.  so i'm gonna veg.

bless your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.