Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

glorious day

i had a great day.  good times with my students.  success at home as far as dinner ready by putting in crockpot.  kitchen cleaned before i went to school.  bed made.  clean clothes.  today was assembly day and i had to speak to a crowd and i was blessedly calmer than usual.  i spoke with a parent that is a tough one and made progress.  i was successful in communicating goals to my teammates.  i was able to express my weaknesses.  i was up bright and early...520...bathed before school.  took care of my animals.  i was on time.  i did and participated in so many good things today.  i made people smile.  hugged people.  encouraged.  i took on responsibility.  i made at least three people laugh hard.  i. felt. proud.
i haven't often felt that way in the last years.  not for a long time.  just beginning to get there.  to soar a little bit.
but i crashed.
such a very splendid day.
flying.
wowed.
and a HARD day.
i had so much to do.  so many irons in the fire.
and i rocked it.
but.
i.
crashed.
i've spent the last half hour in tears
my face is burning from the salt.
my eyes are crusty.
because though i get it right in some places.....i get it wrong in others.
and it so very much frustrates. embarrasses.  humiliates. me.
i want to be just me.
relaxed.
silly.
laughing.
but sometimes.
i am just a pain in the ass.
and sometimes.
it's to the audience that i actually care about more.
and that is crushing.
but.
i took a breath.
let myself cry it out.
forgave myself.
and will start again.
that's all there is to do.
so i will.
but one day,
i'd like to not be the obnoxious one.
really.
i'd like it a whole lot.
blessings.
because still....
it was a glorious day.
tears and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.