Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is his moving day.  And he needs time to be able to cry and mourn as he moves out.  And the kids don't need to witness that.  They need to see their parents making a go of a new way of life.  Not that we can't express that it sucks...but not that they are put in a position to try to make it all better.  He hasn't told me what part of the day he plans on using.  Not sure if I need to get them up early or let them sleep and then hustle them out.  It's that passive aggressive thing.  Where he doesn't want to say.  Or won't say.  Because that would mean it is happening.  That I would have the information and be able to plan for it.  And if I don't have it, he can say that he didn't know they'd still be there...or whatever.  It's killer.  I hate this.   He needs to figure this part out.  I got his stuff together.  Didn't pack it up.  But got it together and made sure it was ready for him.  He now needs to step up and make it ok.  I let the kids see only the part where the stuff was put together...not the going through the memorabilia and such.  They need time to adjust slowly.  Gently.
And it's driving me crazy not to know what the plan is.  Because I don't know what to tell them when they ask.  I don't know when he'll be home tonight or what he plans on getting done tonight.  I don't want to interact.  I just want this part to be done.  Because I don't like not being able to answer the kids.  I don't like having to cover for his lack of letting me know....or them.  Here it is.  His last night.  It's after 7.  He didn't make any plans with the kids.  Or even ask to.
How sad when what seems to be a problem really is.  Makes me cry.  He gets his stuff.  And nobody else's.
grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.