Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Almost A Year

I began this blog nearly a year ago.  In my first month, I had three page views.  In my second, I had 51....I was practically giddy.  Now, I have at least a hundred a week.  Usually.  And, it seems to be growing.  It's not about numbers.  But, it is about whether my story can have any impact.  Because it is my little attempt to reach out into my world.  To bring a little bit of hope.  To touch and encourage those that I can't even see or meet with.  It is my gift to others to share from the very depths of my pain so that they can know that they are not alone.
Honestly, I can't measure "success" based on a whole lot of things.  When I began I prayed that if there was even one person that would find this blog and feel less alone then it would be worth it.  That's how I feel.  That's what I feel is successful.  Yet, I have to say, lately I've been kind of excited to see what has happened in just a year.  Amazing.  It took me nine months to get my first five hundred page views.  And in three months, I added a thousand.  Hard for me to fathom.  Don't have a clue how that is.  But it brings me this smile.  Inside.  Outside.  It feels marvelous.  So, thank you.  For giving me that gift.  For reading.  For coming back to my rambling moments. For sharing in my pain and triumphs.  I continue to pray for you.  To long for you to be comforted.  And for you to know that you are not alone.  Never ever.  You are loved.  And I want to encourage you and lift you up and help you to try again.  To live your life.  Really live it.  Not the circumstances.  The life.  Be brave.  Do it.  Take notes.  And see where you are in a year.  It's all kinds of wonderful what can happen in a year.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.