Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

I Love Your Whole Face

I love the saying, "I love your whole face."  Don't know why, it just warms my heart.  It's like that moment that you see someone that you know and care about and just seeing their face absolutely has the power to change the moment.  It's like my heart lightens.  Joy fills me.  For not other reason than a beloved face.
And, some people have the way of relaxing me.  Even my face.  It's like when I'm with them I suddenly become conscious that I've been carrying the weight of worry in my face...tension...tightness.  And I notice it as it melts away.  It literally feels like melting.
I am blessed to have people in my life that bring me such a tremendous gift.  It was strange because today I was thinking that maybe I will be that to someone sometime.  That they will just feel lighter because of my face.  And, maybe I'll never know.  But, it's a lovely thought because I know how healing and uplifting it is.
So tonight, in the midst of everything else, I choose to be thankful for the gift of those faces......the healing faces that I absolutely love to see.  That lift my heart.  Make me smile.  That I seek out in a crowd.  That bring me comfort without a word.  I am blessed.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.