Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Brave

I was brave today.  I went to a lunch with people from church.  I prepared my mind in advance for any questions.  I prayed.  I took deep breaths.  I acknowledged that for me it was hard.  Even if it "shouldn't" be.  I allowed myself to have my own feelings.  I prepared my heart.  I focused on why I was going....someone I care about graduated with her master's.  Summa Cum Laude.  God did great things to get her there.  And I wanted to be there to let her know how I recognize and appreciate that road that she walked.  And is walking.  So, I went.  And, I was fine.  A little bit nervous but willing to do it.  Courageous.  I didn't even hyperventilate.  Which was good.  But, I regret that it has become so difficult for me. However, many things are getting better.  So, I will focus on those and I will be thankful that I survived today.  God is good to me.  He gets how hard it is for me to get back out there.  And He breathes His peace into me.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.