Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Place

I have this place to come.  It's mine alone.  I don't have to worry about what I say or how I feel.  I don't have to wonder if I'm an ok person.  I just am.  And it feels so good.  I am drawn here often.  Part of that is simply that I'm a person who enjoys solitude.  Quiet.  Peacefulness.  The other part is that this is a place where I feel safe.  That is not intruded upon.  It gives me a sense of calm to "come" here.  Though, sometimes I'm nervous.  I don't want to be "found out".  That very thought terrifies me.  Causes me pain.  Because I love having a place.  Like a little hidey hole when you are a child.  Behind the chair.  Under the stairs.  On the other side of the shed.  Wherever....it's a place that is kept for you.  Where the powers that be are "outside" the realm.
Yep, it feels like a place.  So, come on over to this place and visit.  Refresh your soul.  Gripe if you need to.  We are safe.  WE are able to rest and be at ease.
Off to work with me.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.