Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Choose Kindness

People walk all over us.  Say nasty things behind our backs.  They spew nastiness towards us whenever they get a chance.  It's as if some important gene was left out of them.  Whatever gene that kindness and compassion is on.  Instead, there are those people in our lives who simply use us.  And our friends.  And anyone else they come into contact with.  And it is like a never ending battle.  And it has taught me a great lesson.  I don't want to be that.
I choose kindness.  Oh, I blow it time after time.  But, still, I choose it.  I believe in it.  To my toes.  I am absolutely assured of its life giving, healing properties.  It renews the spirit and lifts the beaten down.  It's my choice.
And I wish I could give a drug or shot of some sort to those who are simply mean.  Selfish.  Unkind.  Pot stirrers.  Malcontents.  A drug that would open their eyes to a world of kindness.  No, we don't all agree.  No, we aren't all the same.  No, we can't always work things out.  True enough.  But, we can be kind.
Choose kindness.  No matter how hard the place you are in.  Choose who you will intentionally be.  Don't just be a response to someone else's bad behavior.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.