Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Truth

I wish that my husband would tell his Bible Study, Men's Group, Choir Members and whomever else will feel compelled this season to ask me to be sure to come with him to whatever event what the status is of his marriage.  I don't feel like it's my place to tell them if he doesn't want to.  But today as I went to go in for the praise and worship time, I remembered that I've been being stalked by some of the older people to promise that I'll be there.  Awkward.  I don't want to embarrass him.  Make him uncomfortable.  I wish the same was true of him.  And, on another note, did you know that if someone doesn't show you common courtesy in the little things then they probably don't really like you much?  Yeah, I know.  It's basic, but it's really hitting me hard these days.
So much good in my life, but I feel like I have to shovel the crap out of the way just to get a chance to look up at the blue skies....and when I do, inevitably, there comes another truckload!!  Right in the face.  The good news is....I keep looking for those blue skies and every time I spy them, I grow a little bit stronger.  A little bit more hopeful.  A little bit closer to sitting on top of the pile instead of under it.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.