Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Waiting

Playing word games also teaches the art of waiting.  Sometimes, I have most of the letters for a really good word and I see an upcoming place to play it.  But, one letter is missing.  Sometimes it is worth waiting a turn or swapping some letters or doing something other than using the letters in a different way.  Not always.  It's a risk. Nearly a gamble.  When it pays off, it's exciting.  When it doesn't, it's sad.  But, having the "perfect" word is worth a bit of risk.  The chance of scoring 80 points is rare and taking advantage of it is important.  Same in my life.  Some things are worth simply waiting for.  I see them coming together.  I know that the pieces are there.  But, there are other opportunities too.  Frankly, sometimes it's better to wait for what is best rather than settling for what is right there right now.
Waiting.  Searching.  Believing.  They all go together.  And sometimes my hopes are realized.  And sometimes they are not.  But I keep hoping.  Keep seeing the good.  Even when I get absolutely beat sometimes.  Because winning isn't the WHOLE point.  Some of the fun is simply in the trying new and different things.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.