Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Aaron

Every Moses can really use an Aaron.  Because though Moses had everything he needed to accomplish the task, he needed an encourager.  Someone to believe in him.  Someone to help him see things through.  Not to boss him around.  Not to be his slave.  To be his equal but not need to be the center of the event.
It's called a best friend.  God brings them.  Jonathan and David.  Paul and Timothy.  Jesus and John.  It's a fact.  A Biblical truth.  But, what we often don't see is how the best of friends are an Aaron to one another!  That each is called to be a Moses in some way in her life.  And, there is that person who stands beside, voices her words, gives validity to her dreams.  John was there for Jesus, but Jesus gave John exactly what he needed as well.  Paul mentored Timothy, but Timothy gave Paul someone to trust and love.
I am an Aaron.  And, I am a Moses.  In same venues, I am simply there as the one to stand beside...or behind.  In others, I am doing what I need to do while a friend stands by...making me braver than I would be alone.  Making me step forward when I want to step back.  It's a beautiful thing.  Life changing.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.