Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Relaxed

There are very few times in life that I can say that I was totally relaxed.  Absolutely at peace.  Not trying to be enough.  Not trying to do it right.  Just completely emptied of trying or striving and just being.  That is how I am tonight.  And that is comforting.  Relaxed to my ear lobes.  At peace.  And here I sit just reveling in the sense of well being.  I know that it fades.  I know that pain and strife and troubles come.  But, for one evening to feel that sense....it's so.....simply good.  It's like closing my eyes on a swing and feeling the to and fro rock me gently into calmness.
Perhaps I should figure out how to have more of life be so.  Tonight was a very good night.  A blessing.  A help. Because the happy moments way overshadow the difficult ones.  They linger in the soul.
I choose good.  I choose peace.  I choose to love and give.  I choose to know that I am loved.  I choose to live hope.  I hope that you find some of those moments and glory in them.  Turn them over and over in your heart and cherish them in your soul.  Because those moments are not a luxury.  They are a gift.  Because you are loved.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.