Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Off

Off to the store.  To get an electric roaster.  Already looked online so I know what I want. I love that I can do that...price check and compare before I ever enter the hubbub of the shopping world.
And I am off to a busy day.  Today is Thanksgiving for us.  Ok, it IS  a couple of days early, but I am so thankful for all of the people that are coming.  People that I love and hold dear.  And, I also am a foodie, so I'm thankful for the abundance of yumminess that is coming my way too.
There are difficult things.  There have been for years.  But strangely, those things aren't gnawing at my soul like they once did.  I can put them aside.  I can let God do His thing and make me strong enough.  Though I am constantly made to be felt like I'm doing it wrong or not enough.  He took off today I think.  The whole day.  Though the festivities are not until later afternoon.  But, that's his choice.  All I can do is survive it.  And know that I am able to plan and create a meal for a crowd of this size.  I know it because I've done it.  But, every time he has a way of making me feel like I'm simply not doing it the "right" way.  Not clean enough.  Not hot enough.  Not enough room.  Not.....fill in the blank.
But this is MY day to express thankfulness and I am going to choose to focus on what IS.  On what I AM and not what I'm not.  I'm going to choose to allow those who see me to love on me and help me to make it.  And I'm going to let go of what beats me down.  Period.  Let it float away like a big red balloon on a cold day.  Because I get to choose who to be and how to be.
I am loving.  I am kind.  I am supportive.  I am encouraging.  I am a planner.  I am a cook.  I am hospitable.  I am friendly.  I am shy.  Yet, I care.  I am hopeful.  I am faithful.  I am thankful.  I am smart.  I am bossy.  I am gentle.  I am strong.  I am forgiving.  I am scared.  But the scared will diminish as I do the things that I AM.  That I have been created to do and be.  So........I'm off.  Thankful for a night's sleep and the fun and hope that lies before me.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.