Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dancing

A couple of days ago, I was in my kitchen cooking.  And suddenly, completely out of the blue, I was dancing.  Crazy, fun filled dancing.  Without hesitation.  Without fear.  Joy.  Arms pumping.  Legs jumping.  Giggling.  Singing.  Absolutely silly.  Alone in my kitchen.  Dancing before the Lord.  No, not like David....I kept my clothes on.  But a sense of freeness came over me.  As if I'd been released from being bound.  Hope permeated my soul.  I exulted.
In my past 20 years, I have had very few moments where I don't feel self conscious.  My husband lets me know that he is such a good dancer.  And that I'm not.  He has always been disappointed in that.  And, even though I have tried, it's always awkward.  But, a few times, I have had a great partner leading and it was so.....easy.  That's how it was dancing the other day.  Easy.  Free.  No stress.  Just enjoyment of life.  I loved it.  I love remembering it.  It makes me smile.
Me.  Uninhibited.  confident.  Dancing.  Who knows what life may hold?
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.