Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Rituals

You know, I used to have rituals.  Things I did every night.  Got ready for bed.  Things I did that were for me.  Somehow, getting married took all of those away.  I didn't even realize it until today.  Well, maybe I did, but I didn't put it in conscious thought.  But, today as I was putting away my bedding, I realized that it is comforting to me at night to "get ready" for bed.  To have time to get ready for resting.  I have to put out my bedding now.  And, since I'm having headaches, I have various things that I make sure are nearby for my convenience.  Having the time to wind down.  It's really necessary for me.  Not always.  Like everyone, sometimes I just CRASH.  But, overall, it feels good to give myself this kind of time again.
I am learning to rest.  To enjoy the moment.  To not constantly worry about what the consequences will be.  Because I can't do anything to change how someone else will behave.  Period.
Silly rituals.  Fun things that I do.  Things that are me.  I'm remembering this woman that I like.  She was fun to be with.  I think I'll be loving getting to know her again.  And these rituals help me in that.  I allowed myself to become someone other than the woman I admired.  That's a mistake.  Huge.
Now, time for some reading.  Bedding out.  Caffeinated beverage placed nearby.  Ready to rest.  In my own time.  I had to have time to just be alone tonight.  To write.  To enjoy the the quiet.  That's something else I'm coming back to.  That woman that I was deserved more than I gave her.  I'm going to do better from here on out.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.