Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sunshine

My life is full of sunshine.  The things that warm me.  Make me feel cozy.  And, even when there are "clouds", the sun remains.  Keeping the clouds from overtaking my life.  My hopes.  But, my day depends on my perspective.  Some days, those clouds seem so dark.  So powerful.  So overwhelming.  And, instead of being thankful for the sun that still provides warmth....I begin to worry.  Worry that the sun will go away.  It never has. Every day for all of my life and for all of the lives before me, it has sustained and brought warmth.  Yet.  Somehow.  Some days.  Those days.  I just fear.  Down to my toes.  I worry.  I fret.  But, the sun still stays.  Though I don't acknowledge it or feel thankful.  Though I allow my worry to steal my joy and thankfulness.
Each day is my choice.  How to live.  What to focus on.  Who to spend time with.  How to conduct myself.  I can't choose for others.  I can't dissipate the clouds.  But, I CAN see the sun through the clouds and choose to remember that clouds come and go but the sun remains.  Always.  And I can choose to be thankful.  Comforted.  I get to choose.  I have to remind myself everyday.
"Hey, sunshine, I see you there in the midst of those clouds and I just want to say thanks for showing up every day!!  For staying.  For bringing hope.  For being constant.  THANK YOU!!!!"
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.