Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's True

It's true that what you think matters to me.  And what you say.  And what you don't Y.  I'd like to think that it doesn't, but I know myself too well.  It matters.  And, sometimes, it even hurts.  And, sometimes, in that hurt, I wish that I were different.  But, I have made a decision.  I CAN be hurt.  By words.  By opinions.  But, I don't have to be motivated by them.  I choose to be motivated by those who like me.  Who see me.  Who know me.  Who think that I'm worth something.  Maybe even a lot.  I choose to live a life that is not discouraged nor deterred by your thoughts of me.  And when I am tempted to let the hurt be the reason I make a choice, I'm going to remember to question myself and ask why I'm changing something because of someone who treated me unkindly.  It's foolish.  Hard not to do, but foolish.  And I want to be wise.  I want to be determined.  I want to be brave.  And I don't need to hear the voices that say that I can't.  Or that I'm not enough.  Maybe I can't YET.  Maybe I'm not enough YET.  But, I will get there.  Because there is a plan for me.  And your attitude isn't going to be what I focus on.  I've got too much good stuff to do.  And see.  And enjoy.
So....hush up.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.