Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hiking

I like to go for walks.  I used to really like to go hiking.  Maybe I will again.  Something I have always observed is that at the hardest point of the journey, when I really want to give up and turn around....that's right before the moment of beauty.  When I climbed up trails, the destination was often a lake or a peak or occasionally a waterfall.  A tranquil spot.  Waiting up ahead.  But, I would get so tired.  So ready to simply go back.  And hungry.  And thirsty.  And blisters on my feet.  And sweaty.  Or cold.  And sore.  Pretty miserable, really.  But, I would keep going simply because of the place I wanted to see.  The joy that I knew was before me.  Waiting for me.
I think that is what faith is in my life.  Knowing that there is always a place coming up that will be tranquil, restful and beautiful.  Even if it's not the end "place".  That there will be provision along the journey.  That turning around means certainly missing what lies ahead.  And stopping means stopping in an uncomfortable place.  No, faith is believing that there is a waterfall with flat rocks to sit upon and a lunch in the backpack.  It's knowing that there will be sunshine and warmth and a place for a nap.  Faith believes even though it hasn't seen it yet.  And every time I keep going and find that place, it builds my faith to keep on going to the next.  And the next.  And the next.
I am a faith walker.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.