Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Turned Around

I like good.  I have learned to acknowledge the garbage and then let the day improve.  I am learning to let go.  That though things can be really awful....and he can be completely oblivious or gleeful...it doesn't have to BE my life.  It's an event in it.  It's a portion of it.
Today was hard.  But, it got better.  He went out of town for the afternoon.  I didn't dwell.  I DWELL in the shelter of the Most High God.  Safe and secure.  Sometimes I forget that and go looking for a tenement building.  Something in the low rent district.  A place of worry  Violence.  Anger.  Fear.  But, I don't have to live there.  And it doesn't depend on what he does.  It depends on what I choose.  I get to choose.  I have rights.
He really hurt me today.  He is totally oblivious.  Oh well.
And when I am kind he thinks that means that he is doing well.  It just means that I've decided who to be.  He doesn't get that.  Again, oh well.
I had a day that turned around.  That was made good.  I love the blessing of that.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.