Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Seeing the Beautiful

Some say that seeing beauty is a feminine trait, but I disagree.  I think that it is a Godly trait.  A learned and cultivated trait.  It's something that we strive for as we long to see things as the Creator sees them
So....I taught my children from young ages to see and appreciate the beautiful.  The good and the excellent.  The sunrises and sunsets.  Ocean waves crashing.  The many colors of green leaves.  The mountains as the sun begins to set behind them.  The perfection of new fallen snow.  The amazing crystals that form frost....and the glittery reflection in the morning light.  The moon in the fall.  The lightening over the plains.  Rain coming down in sheets.  Stars twinkling.  The newborn baby toes.  A nursing puppy.  A flower just getting ready to bloom.  Everything all around, just waiting to be noticed.  To be truly seen and appreciated.
I taught this lesson well.  And, now, when I hear them noticing the snow capped mountains or the bald eagle on a wire.......I smile.  For I know that I have helped them to see with the eyes of their God.  As He made things for them to see.  And that in this practicing, they will see the beauty in others as well.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.