Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Joy

I find that joy comes in the simplest things.  I love putting things together.  Making things.  Out of wood.  It's fun to build.  I'm no expert.  Quite the opposite.  Yet, it brings me joy to make things that are useful.  That can hold the "main event".  Don't know why that is.  Just is.
It's me.  It's a part of who I am.  I'm by nature somewhat shy.  I have to work to be outgoing.  It's very tiring to me.  Wearying even.  Yet....in the background, it's ok to be holding things together.  Not people's lives.  Nope, no human can do that.  But, events and such are held together by the little things.  My skills aren't usually the main event.  That's perhaps why I struggle with writing a book.  It's a big commitment.  Especially if it was successful.  I'd want to still be...anonymous.  Don't get me wrong.  I like people who love me to know my name and use it. But, it feels very uncomfortable to me to have strangers doing so.  But, perhaps that will be necessary in order to be who God is working to make me.  Whatever that is, I'll be ready when the time comes.
For now, I'll revel in the joy along the way.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.