Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Neverending Story

This love of my kids is an all consuming amazingly busy all of life experience  Tonight is a cross country dessert banquet.  I don't like crowds.  Don't like visiting with people in that chatty manner.  BUT, I do like supporting my boys.  I DO like being their mom and seeing them shine.  I do like seeing them with their friends.  And that's the thing....it's not about me, it's about them.  Their lives.  Their choices.  Their successes.  And they are doing so well with doing those things.  Doing so well making and keeping friends.  Oops, wrote fiends and had to correct that. ;)  One letter can really change the meaning....
This story began and it will never end.  From the moment of my first pregnancy my life has not been my own.  It belongs to a whole group of people.  And that is ok.  My husband has missed out on his .life being about them. He never much asks what is going on in their lives and they don't much volunteer anything about it.  It's sad, but his choice.  He likes the parts that make him look good.  That make him be in the center.  He likes to talk to everyone.  Somehow, it always ends up about him.
This neverending story is my best and greatest legacy.  Life that will continue.  Things learned that they will pass along.  Traditions begun and continued.
Tiring?  Yep.  But in the very best kind of way.  Fulfilling.  Beautiful.  Blessing.  To me.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.