Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Believer

I am a true believer.  I am one who absolutely believes that things can come true.  I believe because of who I am.  Who I was created to be.  I believe because of what I have seen in my lifetime.  No desire is too big.  No hope out of reach.  Not if it's REAL.  Not from someone else.  But yours.  In the very depths of your heart.  Because God made us like Him.  With vision.  And, the Bible says that a people without a vision perish.  We are CREATED to hope.  To believe.  To see what isn't yet.  To be creators within our lives.
I believe deeply.  For myself.  For others.  I see the potential when others only see the impossibility.  I am not naive.  Well, on some fronts, maybe....but, I know how hard and how painful and how unlikely things can seem.  But I believe in pushing for what is huge and wonderful and would take a miracle to achieve.  Because......I believe in miracles.  In things that can't be explained away.  That happen when they shouldn't.
I believe that living involves more than simply showing up and falling into a rut.  That's existing.  Living is looking inward and finding that unique piece inside and doing everything in the world to let it shine.  To give that unique piece of yourself to the world.
I am a believer in getting back up.  Some people say things are impossible.  And they are.  If you stay down when you fall.  If you give up when you get hurt.  If you think that a challenge means the end.  If you forget that playing is part of the work.  If you lose sight of how to laugh.
I believe that failure is impossible for people who live fully and full out.  Not because they will achieve all of their goals, but because while pursuing their GOALS, they will totally achieve their PURPOSE.   
I believe that each person has a purpose.  Their very own.  To help.  To grow.  To test.  To love.  To challenge.  Whatever it is, the world is not complete without it.
I believe that too many people are trying to fit into too many other peoples clothes....and they look stupid.  Because they were meant for their own outfits, own style.  They spend an entire lifetime not living their own lives but trying to fit their desires into other peoples plans, goals, desires, hopes.
I believe that YOU have a unique, personal and very important purpose on this earth.  And I believe that you may never even find out what it was.  However, I also believe that if you live your life pursuing good and doing that which brings you absolute joy......then it will be accomplished.  Even if you never saw what it was.
We are so destination oriented as a culture that we have forgotten the beauty and necessity of the journey.  Our journey IS our story.  It is the only legacy that we leave.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.