Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Hard Way

Make it as hard as possible.  Don't let anyone know if you're going or not.  Be sure to appear to busy for the event.  Make excuses.  Have your son get everything ready.  Load the car.  Be sure to let him plan all of the logistics.  Keeping his hopes bouncing around all afternoon.  Then, show up and dawdle.  Turn on the tv.  Let him continue to get things ready.  Ignore his wandering around the house waiting.  And, eventually, act like you are God's gift for taking him fishing.  Yep.  I'm really angry.  Furious.  Absolutely.  Glad that son got to go fishing.  Wish he wasn't made to feel so small and like he has to try so hard before he's rewarded....I know how that feel.  My next older son was really irritated.  He saw how his brother was being treated.  He's not even that close to this brother and it bothered him.  A lot.  But, I can't change the husband.  I can change how I live.  How I behave.  What I allow for me.  Have the shakes now.  It was really hard.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.