Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Where Does Hope Come From

I often wonder why I hope.  Why I keep believing that happiness and joy and peace are possible.  I've lived a pretty rough life.  I have "paid my dues."  It hasn't been easy to do so.  Yet, something within me always springs up and......HOPES!  Courageously.  Furiously.  Continuously.  Amazingly.  And I don't know why.
I am no spiritual giant by any standard.  I have a simple trust in a God so big and so amazing that I have no expectation of ever fully understanding Him.  I am ok with that.  I am ok with simply getting to bask in His presence.  Of trusting that though I don't get it...He does.
I hope not because I am an giant, but because I realize my smallness.  I hope because I am very aware that I am not in charge.  I hope because my hopes have been realized.  I have found goodness.  Kindness.  Gentleness.  Peace.  I hope because though life has been hard, it has never been insurmountable.  Because I am carried.  Joyously so.
The hope comes from God Himself.  He infuses my soul with Himself.  With peace.  With joy.  With hope.  And even when the world totally sucks, I absolutely KNOW that there is a tomorrow.  And that He says that I'm worth it.
I'm having a really rough day.  So today, I am very thankful for hope.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.