Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Better

My children make my life better.  Not by being perfect.  Just by being.  Pick them up.  Bring them home.  The world is better.  All is right in my world.  They are healthy.  Smart.  Kind.  Happy.  Fun.  Silly.  Honest.  They make me know that I can make it.  And how important it is to be me.  To share how to make it through the hard times.
So, my son was writing the names on the gift of who it was from.  And my daughter says, "does dad even know what you got?"  I kid you not.  And my son says, "should I even put his name on it?"  Wow.  How that helped me is weird.  Strange.  But true.  Because I knew that they get it.  Even if they can't put it to words yet.  They see.
I love being with them.
They helped me today.  Without even trying.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.