Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Weirdness

Today I feel...weird.  Off.  It started this morning when I called an old friend to wish her happy birthday.  We talked awhile.  Laughed.  Talked about some more serious stuff.  Said, "love you too," when we hung up....and immediately, husband came into room I was in and asked who I was talking to.  He was jealous.  No, he didn't say so, but he was.  Then, later when I returned home to get something, he began throwing snowballs at the car, playing with the kids inside I guess....but when i was ready to leave, he wouldn't quit.  He threw them the whole time while we were leaving.  The thing is this:  if our boys had thrown snowballs that hard at his car window, he would have been irritated.  But he was slamming it.  Just strange.  Then, one of my sons made a comment when I said that his brother was taking his dad to Burger King not vice versa....he said, "figures, that makes sense."  On top of it all, when I got home, pulling in the driveway and seeing his car here, I was already lamaze breathing and upon entering the house he asks my daughter, "what is that?"    "um, a vhs player."  "where did you get it?"  Not a nice tone of voice.  Like he was fearful that it had been purchased....it had been borrowed because she wanted to watch Anne of Green Gables.  A few minutes later I asked what had come of his needing the car earlier in the day (seeing as how he was home).  And he said that he had gone out to a trailer park but that the office was closed.....and my daughter, bless her little soul, says, "so, are you planning on going to live there?"And everyone looked at him to hear the answer.  Apparently not.  Only an interview for the newspaper.  But, he didn't call or make an appointment.  Nobody was there.  Go figure.  My 15 year old said, "I told him he should call."
Anyway, it's a weird day.  I like yesterday better.  Now he's settling into his counter in the kitchen.  Guess I'll hide out with my computer.  Sigh.
Always tomorrow.  Today was a good day.  With my daughter her friend and a friend of mine.  It's just these little weirdnesses.  Sometimes it drives me nutso.
And...I'm tired.  Wish I had a room.  Actually, wish I had a door.  Hate being looked at by him all of the time.  It's....uncomfortable.
My dear readers, if you have found this place, you will find it a journey.  From pain, hurt, denial...towards health and healing.  It has been a long journey this last year.  But I have come a long way.  Glad you are here walking with me.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.