Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Snow Day

Some people hate to have their kids home from school.  Not me.  I love it.  Love snow days.  They are like mini vacations.  Given as a surprise.  Tomorrow we have a snow day.  It's pretty wonderful.
Since I'm staying up late, I started looking at my subbing history.  Ever since I have "narrowed" down where I want to work, I have MORE work, not less.  And, to boot, I am happier.  I don't do well with a lot of stress these days.  So....I will learn ways to alleviate it.  To keep it at a minimum.
Tomorrow will probably prove difficult to finish my paperwork.  Trying to do it really well.  And...I probably won't be able to get it notarized nor turned in.  But, there's always a reason.  I am patient.  And I have time.  No huge deadline or anything.
But frankly, it's really hard.  Hard to wait.  I'm ready to not have to make nice and have him act like I cooked dinner just for him...when he comes 5 hours after I ate with the kids.  He pretends it's all fine.  It doesn't work for me.
But, tomorrow will be a very good day.  Blankies.  A fire.  Home.  Yep.  A good day.  He goes to work.  Making it even better....and early, at that.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.