Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Games

I play Scrabble and Words With Friends.  I like to play.  Some people play to play.  Others play to be the best. Some people play to learn.  Others play to keep the board to themselves....never open "good" spaces.  I just play.  I like to play.  I like to do it fast and do the best I can.  I win some.  I lose some.  But I get better.  And I have fun.  And I NEVER worry about it.  EVER.
Some people take everything so seriously.  EVERYTHING.  Birthdays.  Games.  Appointments.  There is no levity in their lives.  I know that they are just different from me...but I can't help feeling a little bit sorry for them.  I was playing Words with a woman tonight.  She freaked at how far behind she was.  Thing is....I didn't even know what the score was.  I had to go check. Then, I resigned the game and started a new one to make her feel better.
Same lady is planning on coming a thousand miles to take me out to coffee now that she knows I plan on being separated.  Hmm.  That won't be comfortable, now will it?
I am stronger.  I don't like games.  Only card games and board games.  The emotional ones are too draining.
I don't know how to end this one with my husband.  It's  a lot more difficult than it seems....not even just emotionally....just all of the physical stuff that has to be done.  It's daunting.
But, he is playing games.  He told me he knew what we should do.  Prayed and thought.  Told me he had wanted to talk to me but that he could write to me if I wanted.  I said that would be better....ha.  He's waiting to TALK.  No email.  I hate that.
I have to go back knowing that it awaits me.  And he knows that.  That kind of game I can do without.  For all of my life.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.