Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Always Wished

I always wished that my husband would get how to be the great dad to his daughter.  I wish that he would have brought her flowers or balloons or a special card today....her birthday and Valentine's Day.  I wish that he would give her that thing that her heart longs for.  That adoration.  That care.  She reads on facebook and hears at school how some dads treat their daughters so special.  And hers doesn't. I wish that he could have done that.  But he won't.  Because it doesn't give him something.  He only gives when he thinks he is getting.  He doesn't even realize it.  It doesn't even cross his mind to do that special thing.  And I've coached and tried.  But, I can't cause him to see how important she is.....I can't cause him to see how important I am.
So, I've wished and prayed.  But I am thankful that she and I are close and that she has brothers and good guy friends to meet her needs.  They won't fill it all, but they will help.
Tonight was good.  Hope he doesn't try to talk.  I'm too tired.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.