Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Brave Girl

Yep.  That's me.  I filed for legal separation today.  It takes me a long time to do things sometimes.  I wanted to be sure.  I was.  I am.  Now, I have to have him served the papers.....that's gonna be a pain.  I'll have to figure it out though.
I am not doing it out of anger.  Nor out of meanness. I had to get to that point for my own heart.  I am doing it for me.  For the woman I want to be.  For the woman I know that I am but have neglected for far too long.  I knew that one day I would get to that point if things didn't change.  I expressed it many times.  I could feel the end coming.  He thinks that I should keep on forgiving...keep on giving chances.  And I will keep on forgiving.  I simply won't leave myself living in this lifestyle.  It is toxic.  It's like drinking water in a radiated area.  Eventually, it WILL make you sick.
So, I was very very brave.  I have a sense of accomplishment.  I know that there are bigger mountains.  I know that this is simply a step.  But it was a significant step.
with grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.