Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Realization

I come to the coast.  My energy is up.  I feel like me.  I have had a couple of walks....90 steps to get down...90 to get up.  I haven't fainted.  I've cooked.  I've cleaned up.  Easy for two. ;)  This is the first time in so long that I feel free.  I feel comfortable.  At ease.  I am so thankful.  And.....I realize.
I realize that it's not simply being at sea level.  It's being free from the obligation to make things right for him. From the fear of his showing up.  I get to.......be at ease.  That is a gift that most take completely forgranted.  Not me.  I relish it.  I soak it up.  I sense the hugeness of what it will be to be this way as the norm.  I would actually be me.  Strong.  Full of life.  Able.  Fun.  Joy seeking.  Giving.  Encouraging.  And being given to as well.  I look forward to those days.  They will come.  They are coming.  Because I am choosing them one at a time.  I am able to make good choices.

grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.