Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How Scrabble Works

Scrabble is a really fun game.  It challenges the mind with vocabulary obviously, but also with strategy.  Playing on good spots is paramount.  One letter played greatly can yield more points than five or six letters played.  But, there's another part too....you have to be willing to block.  To take less points sometimes in order to keep the other person/people from utilizing a great spot.  Keeping the board "tight" also helps...that means playing things really close together and leaving as few intersection places as possible.
I like Scrabble.  Yet, I enjoy it for the fun. For the pretty words that come out that we don't see that often.  I enjoy the competition.  Somehow though, I like best to open the board.  To play in a giving way.  Which kinda defeats the competition, right?
But not really.  By playing those longer words and keeping the board open, it helps me as well.  And the thing is that I enjoy the "pretty" words.  So, I play to win.  Unless I find that I simply care more about "winning" in beauty or keeping the board open.  I get to choose.
In my life as well.  I get to choose.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.