Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Church and other great big mountains

So comes Sunday again...tomorrow.  And I am already shaky.  Last week was really hard.  I wound up sitting right in his line of vision.  Awkward doesn't begin to describe it.  I don't know if I can do it again.  But, if I can, it will be four in a row.  More than I have been able to do for a very long time.  Sitting with the family.  I am the one who made sure we found a church.  That made sure we got up and got going through all of those years with young children.  Yet now....I feel like I am an outsider.  Not to the kids.  But like he goes there for show.  He is smart.  He will always look good.  Always.  Probably why I feel so sick when I have to go sit with him now.
It's a big mountain.  And I can say to it..."move".
There are so many right now.  A party tomorrow afternoon.  People who ask him to do things that I need to be doing and not having to coordinate with him.  No cash to go file.  Not yet.  End of month I'll have more money.  I need to do this.  But I can't see how to do it financially without selling the house.
Mountains galore.  It's tough.  It will work out.  I used to hike.  Backpack.  One step at a time.  Time to rest.  Plenty of calories and fluids.  Deep breaths...staying oxygenated.  Very similar.  One day, I will be looking back at the valleys.  I will have scaled the peaks and be living as I am intended to live.  But there will always be more valleys.  So I need to practice doing it well.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.