Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Home Alone

One son went to a friend's house.  Two others are at church.  Husband at choir.  Me?  I'm home....planning on sleeping very soon.  I need a good night's sleep.  I am exhausted beyond belief.  It's about all I can think about.  Tired.  Besides for the weary. The not having a good night's sleep simply wears me down.  I sure liked my trip to the coast.  Slept in a bed.  SLEPT.  Loved that.  Really.  It felt so very good.  Went to bed at night.  Read.  Wrote.  Fell asleep when I wanted.  Didn't have to turn off the light and cover my head and fake so that I wouldn't be bothered.  It was really good.  Perhaps that is what has made coming home so hard.  That and all of the stuff that there is to face.
But, there is hope.  And I can choose to enjoy these little moments.  I am going to sleep early, I hope.  Yes, it's because I want to be asleep when he arrives...but, being alone and in a quiet house and having it dark...quite nice.  I'll take the good things to heart.  And hold the others at a distance.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.