Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Best of Both Worlds

Well, for now, he is getting the best of both worlds.  He shows up to eat meals.  Yes, he hovered around here today again.  We had roast and taters.  Then I took the potatoes out and put water in the pan to cook the rest of the roast long so that I can make barbeque beef tomorrow.  Then, I left for an auction.  I had cleaned the kitchen beautiful last night.  Loaded and unloaded and loaded the dishwasher.  Washed all of the pans.  Counters.  Cupboards.  I cooked last night.  Well...kinda.  Easy cooking.  I cooked today.  I went out.  I had to come home at 10 at night and put away food.  I had already put the potatoes in tupperware but not in the fridge earlier because they were hot.  Seriously?  And I had texted to turn off the roast...but it was pretty well done and still in the pan.  That's ok, it's tender enough.  But what I don't get is why his newspaper is spread all around the counters.  And why no dishes get done.  And why he doesn't clean if he is eating?  I mean, I thought that he was going to give me Sundays.  Hmm.  But he won't unless I say to him and look like a terrible person in front of the kids.  He's getting a pretty sweet deal.  I hope that he realizes it.
Of course, I was a tad ticked off to come home to a horribly messy kitchen.  Oh well.  Tomorrow is a new day.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.