Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Growing Up

I had to get closer to fifty than forty to finally feel like I'm BEGINNING to grow up.  I grew up once.  Went out on my own.  Paid my way.  Went to college.  Got jobs.  Moved.  Traveled.  Made relationships.  And then I got married.  And all Iknow is that it is just like I started over.  Trying to live  with this person who twists words and crushes my dreams.  And now I see something.  He did it with purpose....to keep me from feeling and acting like a grown up.  Maybe it scares him.  Maybe it makes him feel out of control.  I'm not sure why.  But, I do know that what it does is keep me in a little box where I can't outgrow him or make choices that might not be in his best interest.  He has never chosen my best interest.  Or my heart.  He tells me that the things that I want or hope for are irresponsible or out of line or dumb.  He belittles my dreams.  He hurts me deeply.  He harms me.  And now...I'm growing up for a second time in my life.  And knowing that I can get going again.  And that my dreams and hopes are a part of me that propel me forward.  Just like they did those years ago.  And I have to give them consideration.  While I am also responsible.  I don't have to be one or the other.  I can be both.  I AM both.
With Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.